There are many ways to get involved with Women Who Play Milwaukee Chapter. We need your talent, skills, and willingness to lead the chapter.
Each year several Directors are elected to the Board to help strategically guide the chapter. The Board positions are set up in staggered rotation so that the entire Board is not turning over in the same year. This helps to provide stability in the running of our Chapter.
To see who is currently serving by clicking on Chapter Leadership and do not hesitate to ask them about their experience
Besides director positions, there are opportunities to volunteer to be on a committee, run an event or help with a one time task. How would you like contribute? Below is an overview of the ways to support your chapter by becoming a Director or a Committee member.
Chapter President (1 Year Term)
- Oversee General Chapter Operations via Directors
- Conduct Chapter Board Meetings
- Chapter Leadership/Development/Succession Planning
- Oversee Chapter Election Process via the Nominating Committee
- Primary Liason for: LPGA Women Who Play Staff, Volunteer Development Specialist and LPGA Foundation
- Promote/Attend Women Who Play Events & Web Conferences
Finance & Records Director ( 2 Year Term) - Term up 2016-2017
- File Required Chapter Submissions
- Compliance with Chapter & Association Policies
- Financial Oversight: Maintain Chapter Bank Account & Investments; Develop/Monitor Budget;Year end Financials; Tax Returns
- Business Requirements: Tax Exempt Status; Incorporation Status; Insurance
- Chapter Master Calendar/File Management
- Meeting Minutes
Member Recruitment Director (2 Year Term) Term 2016-2017
- Member Recruitment Activities and Events
- Community Relations
- Ensure Chapter Exceeds 25 Member Minimum Standard Requirements
Golf Programs & Services Director (2 Year Term) Term up 2015-2016
- Golf Clinics
- Rules, Etiquette & Handicap Education
- Handicap System
- USGA Compliance
Member Service Director ( 2 Year Term) Term up 2014-2015
- Welcome Program
- Member Profile
- Member Orientation
- Volunteer Enrollment
- Volunteer Enrollment
- Volunteer Recognition
Events & Activities Director (2 Year Term) Term up 2014-2015
Marketing Director (2 Year Term) Term up 2014-2015
- Golf Events; Season Opener, 9 Hole, Chapter Championship, Badger Cup
- Golf Leagues
- Chapter Partnerships/Sponsors Media Relations
- Press Releases
- Community Calendar
- TV/Radio/Print Interviews
- Special Events
Communications Director (2 Year Term) Term up 2014-2015
- Chapter Logo Requirements Compliance
- Chapter Communications: Website; Social Media; eBlasts
Not ready to be on a Director? Join a Committee.
VOLUNTEER COMMITTEE INFORMATION
The Membership Committee is a great way to get to meet everyone in the Chapter! Assist with recruitment of new members and retention of existing members; greet new members at events, help plan and implement ongoing membership welcome and orientation programs.
Do you like to make a difference and assist in the future leadership growth of your Chapter? The Leadership Committee helps link people’s natural gifts and talents to the needs of the Chapter. They work to continually develop Chapter leaders by assisting Committee Chairs with finding committee volunteers and grooming them for a future leadership role on the Board, a necessary step that will take the Chapter far into the future!
The Communications Committee is a great way to be in the know! This committee works to keep everyone “in the know”. It involves marketing, PR, graphic arts, event planning, and website development. There are two aspects to communication:
1. Internal – publish news to members via website, e-mail, and blasts.
2. External – promotes our organization, trade shows, and media
GOLF EVENTS COMMITTEE
Do you enjoy planning and running successful events? Never planned an event, but would like to? Then Golf Events is for you! This team plans and implements organized play opportunities in addition to league offerings for players of all skill levels.
One of the most popular forms of organized play is league play. Be a part of the team that plans and delivers this popular offering that goes a long way towards member satisfaction.
Are you a great fundraiser? Can you make the call to the decision-maker? If you said “yes” then the sponsorship committee is your new home! Help develop Chapter partnerships and secure sponsorship dollars and in-kind donations for Chapter operations. This is a great way to get involved in the community and build local relationships.
SOCIAL EVENTS COMMITTEE
Are you a people person? A natural networker? This is a great way to get to know the members of the Association by promoting fellowship and business networking. This committee plans an array of non-golf activities to meet members’ needs.
GOLF EDUCATION & PLAYER DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Know a lot about golf? Or, do you want to learn more about the rules of golf? Join the education committee and assist with coordinating golf education opportunities for players of all skill levels.
Be a part of the effort to help other golfers obtain and maintain a handicap. The Handicap Committee educates members on the need for handicaps and assists members in establishing and maintaining a handicap.
Volunteering is by far, the best way to meet other members, learn more about golf, and grow personally and professionally while helping shape the chapter, improve, and progress for all to enjoy!
Please contact Nancy Mohr at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up or get more information.